Back-to-School Tips for Your Family
With school starting this week for most area students, we at Trinity Hospital Twin City want to share some back to school tips to make the transition easier for your whole family:
- Make sure students are up-to-date on physical exam check-ups and immunization shots, no matter what grade they are in! Keeping your student healthy is always important.
- As you prepare to send your children back to school, remember that nutrition is an important factor in academic performance. Healthy, balanced breakfasts and lunches are key to academic success. Start planning meals and snacks ahead of time to be prepared and ready to go!
- For many families, juggling multiple after-school activities can be challenging. By practicing efficient time management now for both you and your child, the hectic evenings can become more enjoyable when fall comes around! Making family calendars, weekly schedules, or even daily reminders for everyone can help keep your family on the same page.
- Remember that getting a good night’s sleep is essential for optimal brain function for the whole family. The National Sleep Foundation recommends 10-13 hours of sleep for 3-5 year olds, 9-11 hours of sleep for 6-13 year olds, 8-10 hours of sleep for 14-17 year olds, and 7-9 hours of sleep for 18-64 year olds.
- Exercise also enhances brain function. Strive to get at least 30 minutes of exercise daily, even if the exercise can only be 10 minutes at a time.
« Back to Learning Center