Swing Bed Program
“Get back into the swing of things!"
with Trinity Health System
Twin City Medical Center's Swing Bed Program.
What is a Swing Bed?
Swing bed services are skilled nursing and rehabilitation services that are needed between a hospital admission and discharging to home. The patient would “swing” from an acute hospital bed to a skilled/swing bed where he or she will receive continued care while recovering from an injury, illness, or surgical procedure. Our skilled, highly trained, and knowledgeable staff deliver on-site care 24 hours a day to help patients succeed in the program and return home safely.
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- On-site respiratory therapy, laboratory testing and monitoring, and radiology services
- Long-term IV antibiotic administration
- Wound care delivered by certified would clinicians
- On-site physicians
Why Trinity Health System Twin City Medical Center?
- Patients enjoy the comforts of home while family has the comfort of knowing their loved one is receiving exceptional care as well as the help they need.
- Quiet and spacious private rooms.
- Personalized discharge plan coordination with you and your healthcare team to assist you in all of your discharge needs; such as home health, home medical equipment, supplies, and arranging transportation services.
- Consistent quality of care.
- 0% readmission rate, 0% hospital acquired infection rate, and 0% hospital acquired pressure injury rate.
- Avoids patient perceived stigma/fear associated with traditional nursing home care.
- Higher staff to patient ratio.
For more information about the Trinity Health System Twin City Medical Center Swing Bed Program, please call April Goodwill, RN Case Manager at 740.922.4506.